Are you for or against censorship, including self-censorship, in public art?
Join us for a panel discussion on the controversial subject. Panelists include:
- Dr. Eileen Yanoviak, Director of the Carnegie Center for Art and History in New Albany, In.
- Brianna Harlan, award-winning multidisciplinary artist from Louisville, Ky.
- Ken Herndon, Special Projects Coordinator with Louisville Downtown Partnership.
- Michael Victor Troutman, visual artist and Victor Troutman's son.
- Ron Whitehead, internationally known poet, editor, publisher, scholar and activist.
Works by Victor Troutman which were not included in the main exhibit because they contain nudity will also be shown during this special event in the North Program Room.
From 3-4 pm, refreshments will be served and guests may visit Victor Troutman's work on exhibit throughout the library. This event is free and open to the public.